Winner of the first ‘Young Emerging Artisan’ Award 2019
Rebecca Perry a young and talented ceramicist from Chesterfield impressed the selection panel with her stunning work and determination to succeed in the competitive world of the creative industries. She recently graduated from Stafford University and currently has a studio in Sheffield.
Entries are now open for this year’s award – Closing date 2nd October 2020
Thank you for your interest in the PDA Emerging Artist Award in association with the Trevor Osborne Charitable Trust.
The aim of the award is to encourage and support a young emerging artist or maker at the start of their career. This will be done by inviting a selected person to become a member of the professional and established group, Peak District Artisans (PDA). PDA, and its members, already enjoy regional and national success and recognition. Expertise and opportunities will be provided with the intention that after 3 years the artist/maker will be able to fund their membership of the group independently, thus setting them on the path to work as a professional artist.
In particular, PDA will provide:
- Membership of Peak District Artisans for 3 years with subscriptions subsidised on a diminishing scale;
- Support, mentoring and advice from experienced artists and makers;
- Guaranteed exhibition and retail opportunities in key Peak District venues;
- Inclusion on the PDA website and in the annual brochure (region wide distribution);
- Access to advice on exhibiting/pricing/online marketing/photography etc.;
- Access to the PDA online forum.
Who can apply?
The criteria for application is:
- You must currently be producing high quality work in either 2D or 3D (sorry, no film, video or installation work);
- You must be aged between 21 and 30 at 1st November 2019;
- You can supply evidence of your intention to work as a professional artist/maker;
- You have a body of work to show to the selection committee;
- You can attend an interview (in Bakewell) in early October 2020;
- You live and work within the Peak District tourism area as defined by Visit Peak District Tourism area map (click here to view map).