The annual PDA Emerging Artist Award in association with the Trevor Osborne Charitable Trust*.
*Founded by Trevor Osborne, developer of the Buxton Crescent and Thermal Spa, the trust support arts projects in and around Buxton; providing grants and sponsorship for events such as the Buxton Spa Prize and the PDA Emerging Artist Award.
Applications for 2020 are open until 2nd October
Interviews will be held on 12th October 2020
The aim of this award is to encourage and support a young emerging artist or maker at the start of their career. The winner will be invited to become a member Peak District Artisans with subsidised fees for three years. Expertise and opportunities will be provided with the intention that after three years the artist/maker will be able to fund their membership of the group independently, setting them on the path to work as a professional artist.
Specifically PDA will provide:
- Cash prize
- Membership of PDA for 3 years with subscriptions subsidised on a diminishing scale
- Support, mentoring and advice from experienced artists and makers
- Guaranteed exhibition and retail opportunities in key Peak District venues
- Inclusion on the PDA website and in the annual brochure
- Access to advice on exhibiting/pricing/online marketing/photography etc.
- Access to the PDA online forum.
The criteria for application is:
- You must currently be producing high quality work in either 2D or 3D (sorry, no film, video or installation work)
- You must be aged between 21 and 30 at 1st November 2020
- You can supply evidence of your intention to work as a professional artist/maker
- You have a body of work to show to the selection committee
- You can attend an interview (in Bakewell) in early October 2020
- You live or work within the Peak District tourism area as defined by Visit Peak District Tourism area map (click here to view map).
Peak District Artisans ‘Young Emerging Artisan’ Award Winners
In 2019 our first ‘Young Emerging Artisan’ award winner was Rebecca Perry, a young and talented ceramicist from Chesterfield who impressed the selection panel with her stunning work and determination to succeed in the competitive world of the creative industries. Rebecca had recently graduated from Stafford University and has a studio in Sheffield.